Yes, it hurt that bad
I blogged a while ago about 'cupping' in south Vietnam. Now that I have a better Internet connection, I can put up some better pictures. As you can see the "massage" (aka torture) was right on the street.
"Ouch" says Philip. The bad man didn't stop.
Carm and I celebrating our wounds. In all actuality, it really didn't hurt that bad and it certainly did get my blood flowing to my back. I'm not sure it did tons of good but it didn't leave any lasting injuries. (Although you can still see the shadow of a bruise now...two months later).
The rascals that were watch us get our massage came up afterwards to ask for money. Sticking their lip out and motioning to eat elicited the only appropriate reaction from me: tickling. Soon, the kids were laughing hysterically and forgot to ask for money. They motioned for me to throw them in the air and half a dozen more children came to join the fun. It was really a breath of fresh air to have an otherwise unpleasant situation turn into fun for all. It's so difficult to know what to do with people, especially children, who beg. I guess tickling is the answer....maybe not...

1 Comments:
Phil, I love hearing about your adventures, and I especially enjoy the photographs. Thanks for sharing them with us! I know you'll enjoy China. All the best, jenn
9:13 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home